I still can’t quite believe that the year is almost over, where did the time go?
This year has been pretty crazy – the political arena has seen some major negative changes that have really brought out people’s racism and it’s not been pretty. We’ve lost legends – David Bowie, Alan Rickman etc – and South Africa continues to have some very dark moments.
But whilst many have hated 2016, this was actually a great year for us – Mr H and I became parents and that pretty much tops everything when I look back at the year that…
- LILY-ROSE WAS BORN – yes, this is definitely the best thing that has happened this year…and ever.
- I got to take our daughter to meet her family in the UK and I couldn’t have been happier to have cuddle up to her Grannie and Grandpa and GG.
- Our daughter melted hearts and reunited a family.
- I left the 9-5 to work to be my own boss and it was an awesome decision
- I started a business with one of my best friends which combined our strengths
- That friend phoned me in happy tears to tell me she was pregnant (expecting next year) and I almost wet myself with excitement for her.
- I chilled out. A lot. Having a baby seriously altered something in my brain and I’m a lot less highly strung. Don’t touch my food though, and don’t do any of these to my baby.
- Mr H got to see one of my favorite places in the world, The Lake District.
What do I want for 2017?
Other than great health, a further increase in business and water, I just want to continue being able to provide Rosie with love, to keep being free to write and to finally master the art of macaron making.
Seriously though, 2017 is going to see me planning a first birthday (will I become one of the crazy mums who go all out on a day that their kid won’t even remember?), there will hopefully be another trip to the UK and of course, plenty more opportunities that I’m ready to embrace. I’m excited and I’ve got my game face on.