Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year…it’s also the most expensive and can be the most stressful as far too much emphasis is put on buying the “perfect” present.
I’ve put together a little gift list that might help with giving you a few ideas.
1)It’s true what they say about mums spoiling their children before themselves which is why I think a photo shoot works so well because it includes mummy and if you are like me, you probably take all the pictures and only get seen in a couple of them.
Veronique photography is offering these crazy cute family Christmas shoots which means that mum gets to be included – but hurry, there are limited slots | Check them out here on her Facebook page
2) I love jewellery that’s a bit different, that looks like it’s made with love and passion and not in a factory. Cape Town alone seems to have an amazing amount of jewellery designers and I’m all about supporting local.
Created in 2005, Glove Jewellery can make custom designs or you can choose from their extensive collection.
I’m currently lusting after these sterling silver rings which start from just R250.
3) If your man sports a bit of facial hair, get him some lovely handmade beard products from The Black Beard Company.
They use only the finest locally sourced beeswax, organic essential oils & carrier oils of the best quality to make their awesome beard oils, waxes, soaps & washes. All the products are handmade in small batches with care & love resulting in a natural, luxurious & nourishing treatment for men who love their beards. Prices start at R80.
4) For the bru who likes a good brew, surprise your man with a League of Beers case from Yuppiechef. The Wild Card mixed case starts at R199 and features old favourites, new sweethearts, and any experimental beers Yuppiechef has in the building.
5) Sweet Lychee Kids just started this year and I’ve loved following their journey on Instagram. Their clothes consist of exquisite little rompers, pants and vests in colors and patterns that are sometimes exotic, sometimes whimsical, always different and ever so lovely.
Sweet Lychee Kids aims to “bring something fresh and original to your doorstep!”
See their lovely collection here and get your hands on this super sweet little star romper for R360. They also have a gorgeous boys range too!
6) Naturals Beauty is another lovely company that started with a simple idea and grew into a beautiful business that aims to provide truly natural, skin-kind products.
For Christmas, choose the Ruben & Rebekah Baby Hemp Bag bundle which delivers pure, natural body care and has your baby covered from head to toe. The pack contains Bum Balm, Moisturising Milk Wash and a Baby Lotion in a sustainable Hemp fabric bag and costs just R250.
For your dog
7) Okay, so I’m completely punting myself here, but do you know I make dog beds? True story.
My husband and I started Scumbagz 3 years ago and we proudly make our beds ourselves and supply a range of pet shops in Cape Town.
For Christmas, we always seem to get more orders for the red beds (every one gets into the festive mood) so why not treat the pooch in your life with one of our cool beds? Prices start from R450.
You can order them online here