We all have those things that we form attachments to and being of a mercurial nature, my wishes and wants change constantly. I really irritate myself, and Mr H, by liking something so much that I consume it/watch it/read it until I never ever want to see it again. It’s all or nothing.
So, here are my addictions for this month/week…who knows with me:
1) Black Sails. If you’re a regular driver on the N2 outbound to Somerset West then no doubt you would have seen the life-size galleons by the movie studios and wondered what exciting movie or series is being filmed there: Black Sails is set in 1800’s and based around the end of the Pirate dominance in the Bahamas. The characters are extremely varied and the female roles are fantastic. I have always been fascinated by pirates and so a series on some of the most notorious of them them has me obsessed…add to that the rippled torsos and the rough, roguish handsomeness of Pirate Charles Vane – it’s a must.
2) Wine Club. There’s only one rule for wine club, you MUST talk about it! I have a fabulous group of wine-obsessed ladies and we’ve decided to meet once a month and explore wineries. I really didn’t expect it to be so amazing so quickly. Our first wine club was at the fabulous Villiera and it was mind-blowing and last week we were treated like royalty at Anthonij Rupert. I’m not sure how anyone is going to be able to top that for October but I can damn well try. Once the club takes off, we’ll be taking on more members.
3) Hot blanket. I’m such a wuss when it comes to cold weather. In England we have central heating, double-glazing and thick carpets and so you really don’t feel the chill as much as you do here. Therefore, I have an incredibly intimate relationship with my electric blanket and we totally understand each other. There is honestly nothing better than climbing into a warmed bed.
4) Cotton On Kids. When are they going to start making tutus in adult sizes? The kiddies clothing in Cotton On is phenomenal and sheds a glaring light on the boring basics that are on sale for adults; I really need some glittery sweaters in my life.
5) Eating popcorn like Olivia Pope. Aside from her ugly crying face, that girl has got game and nothing says “I’ve got my life together” like eating a giant bowl of popcorn and gulping down a huge glass of red wine.
Got a craving for this month that you care to share?